- Born: 30 Jul 1878, Dehler (Beresowka), Volga, Russia
- Marriage: Barbara Freidenberger in 1911
- Died: 12 Aug 1942, St. Marys, Pottawatomie, Kansas at age 64
It is believed that Eva (Martel) Storm and her husband Johann Storm along with Thomas Masson where the first family members to come to America.
- Thomas Masson knew Life At the Front in War Years of 1914 to 1918.
- Thomas, a veteran of the first World War who saw four years of embattled service in the Russian armies of the Czar and Premier Lenin, died August 12, 1942 at his home on Palmer street, St. Mary's Kansas the victim of a cerebral hemorrhage just a few weeks after he had enrolled for American selective service in the second military registration of his career.
- The 64-year-old caretaker of Loyola Hall at St. Mary's College had been a resident of the city for twenty years, one of the last of the many Russian emigrants who came to Kansas during the 30 year period, which began in the early 1890's.
- Tom was a native of Dehler, Russia and was born there July 30, 1878. He first came to the United States in 1909, after five years as a settler in South America. He returned in 1911 to Russia and there was married to Barbara Freudenburger in the Church of the Holy Trinity, Brabender. In 1914 at the outbreak of the first World War he was called to service in the Russian Army and served actively on several fronts until the signing of the Russian armistice.
- In July of 1922 Tom brought his family back across the Atlantic to the United States and since has resided in St Marys.
- Twelve Jesuits from the college were in the sanctuary of the Catholic church for the requiem Mass Friday morning, sung by the pastor. Rev. John A. Berens. Members of the clergy also chanted the Benedictus before interment in Mt. Calvary cemetery.
- Pallbearers were Joe Messmer, John Homan, Gilbert Van de Wiele, Joe Finn, Jim Glasgow and Richard Seitz.
- Mr. Masson leaves his widow and two daughters Marie of the home and Sister Mary of St. Louis and a half-sister Mrs. Mike Martel of St. Marys.
Thomas married Barbara Freidenberger in 1911. (Barbara Freidenberger was born on 27 Jul 1893 in Brabander (Kaziskaja), Volga, Russia and died in Jan 1973 in Topeka, Shawnee, Kansas.)